Islington Giving is seeking a Programme Leader for our Young Grant Makers’ programme!
Each year, Islington Giving invites 12 young people to join us on a five-month journey to become grant makers. Our Young Grant Makers’ programme puts young people in charge of making decisions about what kind of projects they want to support based on what is important to them and their peers.
We are looking for a Programme Leader to take the key role in delivering this project. Working with the Islington Giving programme team, this role is central to Young Grant Makers and will shape the mood, tone and outcomes of the whole project.
Do you have the passion and experience the Young Grant Makers will need to get the most out of this programme? The role description below gives more information about the programme, the role of Programme Leader and how to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is offered as a freelance contract. Closing date is Monday 20th June, 9am
The role description is below. Do you recognise yourself and your experience in what follows? If so, we would love to hear from you. (You don’t need grant making experience for this role. The Islington Giving team support the programme, bringing that knowledge to the work.)
- Supporting and motivating a group of 12 young people over five months.
- Recruiting a diverse panel of young Islington residents who reflect the borough and the young people who live here.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of the young people
- Ensure all necessary safeguarding procedures are in place and are adhered to
- Provide individual encouragement, motivation and support to the young people
- Facilitate and energise the young people to work well as a group and support one another
- Enable young people to have a voice in how the programme is designed
- Organising and co-ordinating the programme and the sessions
- Develop and manage the programme of sessions with Islington Giving staff
- Lead the preparation and planning of each session with input from Islington Giving staff
- Lead the sessions which will be held weekly.
- Co-ordinating the learning from YGMs to understand how it has worked, what’s gone well/not so well, what young people got from the programme, whether it has achieved its aim and objectives.
- Devise an evaluation process which works for the young people who take part.
- Oversee the capture of formal and informal reflections and observations from all involved throughout the programme period
- The programme leader will produce an evaluation report at the end of the programme
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who has experience of working alongside young people
- Someone who can listen and use what they hear to lead
- Someone with experience of motivating, encouraging and supporting individual young people
- Someone who can work with partners, for example, other youth organisations and Council colleagues
- Someone who is organised and reliable
- Someone who can plan but also has the ability to change course at the last minute (e.g. move from in person to online sessions overnight).
- Someone who can manage a budget
- Someone who has safeguarding experience
- Someone with a sense of humour.
We value diversity, equality, and inclusivity. Applications are especially welcomed from underrepresented backgrounds, including but not limited to gender, race, age, sexual orientation, disability, and religion. Please let us know if you require any further support with this application, or the role.