Islington Giving’s Young Grant Makers Resident Panel launches its call for applications to support projects for Islington’s young residents!
We are a group of 12 Young People who live in Islington, who have come together this year to make decisions about how Islington Giving’s funding for young people is spent. We want to fund projects that benefit young people in the best way possible with the limited funding available. We want to see change – for young people, their communities and the organisations that support them.
As a result of our discussions, we believe it is important that Young People have access to support, information, and guidance around the changes they go through – feeling confident, being aware of options, and helping them to bounce back from challenges are all important factors for us.
We would like to invite applications from projects that achieve at least one of the following:
- Develop young people’s life skills to help them at transition points. This could include moving out of challenging situations, helping them stay safe and providing options.
- Develop young people’s skills around their interests, explore options and make contacts so they can take the next steps in their careers.
- Help young people gain awareness of the importance of positive mental health and wellbeing and, in doing so, providing opportunities to try something new and to grow in confidence and self-esteem.
- To support Young People and/or their parents to navigate systems to access support and advice (such as around community safety, crime, immigration, housing), particularly for families where English may not be their first language.
We believe it is important that Young People have access to support, information, and guidance around the changes they go through– feeling confident, being aware of options, and helping them to bounce back from challenges are all important factors for us.
How to apply:
Before you apply, please read our Application Guidelines.
The next step is to complete an online application form. To access the form please click here.
This call is now closed.
Timeline (next steps)
- Our Young Grant Makers will conduct a grant assessment followed by shortlisting up to 10 projects.
- We will let you know whether or not they have shortlisted your application by 6th January 2022.
- In January, we will be inviting shortlisted groups to an interview with the Young Grant Makers.
- The dates for interview are likely to be on 10th, 17th and 24th January.
- They will make their final decisions by 10th February 2022.