**Applications have now closed** Thank you!
Do you have ideas to help parents in your area?
Islington Giving is once again recruiting a group of eight local parents or carers to make decisions about how £115,000 of Islington Giving funding will be spent on helping parents to develop confidence and skills. Find out more about last year’s group.
A Residents’ Panel provides an opportunity for Islington residents to share their views and experiences and be involved in grantmaking decisions. It’s your chance to have your say on matters that affect Islington.
No previous experience is necessary. We would like to meet residents who have ideas about what is needed for parents or carers in their local community and who want to get involved.
- is an Islington resident
- is a parent or carer of children under 18 (or under 30 if you are a parent/carer of a child with a disability)
- has a desire to effect change in your local community
- has some experience of the issues being addressed i.e. social or financial isolation, relationship conflict, domestic violence, disability or live with a family member who has physical or learning disabilities and/or mental ill-health.
- can commit to participating in the whole programme (amounting to a total of 24 hours)
- is interested in how funding decisions are made and willing to engage in detailed discussions
- is willing to work as part of a team to share ideas and reach a common goal
Residents Panel 2020
Interested? Let us know!
If you are interested please complete the online expression of interest form by 24th September 2021 or phone us (0207 288 6940) to express your interest if it would prove difficult to complete the form. Nikki Wimborne, Programme Manager at Islington Giving, will then follow up by phone to give you and us a chance to see if it is something you could be involved in.